Farm Real Estate
Whether you are buying a farm, expanding your existing operation or making long-term improvements to your farm you'll find a large product selection offering a mix of fixed-rate security and savings with the most competitive rates in the country. We offer refinancing programs, too.
Unlike most lenders, we don’t require a lengthy and expensive refinancing process. We allow you to move your loan from one product to another. If interest rates move lower, you can change your loan to another product and capture those savings.
Request a Farm Real Estate Brochure.
Do you qualify? Visit our Farm Financing Eligibility page for more information.
The ultimate in interest rate security, Farm Credit offers a family of 10, 15, 20 and 25 year fixed rate options.
- Your interest rate is locked in for the life of your loan. It never changes.
- Your payment schedule is predictable which helps you plan and control interest rate risk.
- If interest rates do fall, you’re not locked into a higher rate. You can convert to another loan product when interest rates play in your favor.
An adjustable rate provides security for a set period of time, often at a lower rate. When your loan reaches its anniversary, it automatically re-prices. Refinancing is not required! At Farm Credit, you'll find loans with 1, 3, 5, 7, 10 and 15 year adjustable periods with a choice of terms from 5-25 years:
- This product is often priced lower than fully fixed rate products, so customers can save money.
- Your loan maturity date can be between 5 and 25 years.
- You can lock in your rate any time from application until closing.
- There are no early prepayment penalties.
- The conversion feature is available on adjustable mortgages, so you can convert to another loan product when interest rates play in your favor.
The interest rate on a variable rate loan can change monthly based on market conditions. Our variable rate often follows U.S. Prime Rate movement
- This is often the lowest interest rate available.
- You set the term between 5 and 25 years.
- You can put a ‘cap’ on your rate which protects you from high rate increases and volatile markets.
- This product also offers the conversion feature that allows you to move to fixed rate products.
Similar to our adjustable rates, when the loan reaches a re-pricing anniversary, it changes from a longer fixed pricing period to a 1-year fixed rate. It also features rate caps to help protect from interest rate risk.
- You can select 1, 3, 5, 10, 15 terms with a maturity set at 25 years.
- Interest rate caps protect your rate from rising more than 2 percent a year, and not more than 6 percent over the life of the loan.
- As the name suggests, you can convert this product to a lower rate when the opportunity arises.
LIBOR Indexed Rates
- LIBOR stands for London Interbank Offered Rate and is a global index that is commonly used to price loans around the world. Your rate is indexed to LIBOR with a pre-established margin.
- LIBOR can be used for any loan from 5 to 25 years.
- There are no prepayment penalties if you wish to retire debt early.
- You can convert from this product to a fixed rate product.
- You receive a low rate based upon a 30-day Libor index cost