Scholarships for the next generation of agriculture
Attention college-bound students! We’re looking for the next generation of rural community leaders, future farmers and those who want to make a difference in the field of agriculture. Each year, Farm Credit Mid-America awards scholarships to individuals based on academics, leadership qualities, community involvement and their passion for promoting agriculture.
Customer Agricultural Scholarship
This program awards $1,500 in financial support. You must be a child or grandchild of a Farm Credit Mid-America customer. You can attend an accredited two- or four-year college, university, vocational or trade school. APPLY HERE (Deadline to apply is January 31, 2019).
College Leaders Scholarship
This program awards incoming college sophomores and juniors with $5,000 in financial support over a two-year period. In addition to financial support, the program provides week-long learning and travel experiences that focus on leadership development and financial education. APPLY HERE (Deadline to apply is November 30, 2018).
The Fine Print
- Scholarships are available for individuals majoring in agriculture or pursuing agricultural or rural community related careers.
- The online application process takes between 10-30 minutes and must be completed in one sitting.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- You may apply for multiple scholarships, but may receive only one Farm Credit Mid-America scholarship per school year.
- Application period:
- College Leaders Scholarship application deadline is November 30, 2018. Applicants will be notified of the results in February 2019.
- Customer Agricultural Scholarship application deadline is January 31, 2019. Applicants will be notified of the results in April 2019.
- All scholarship funds will be awarded prior to the fall semester of 2019.
- Employees and directors of Farm Credit Mid-America and their children are not eligible to apply.
About our Scholarships
Scholarships are among the many ways Farm Credit Mid-America invests in the future of agriculture and helps prepare today’s youth to become tomorrow’s leaders.
Over the last decade, Farm Credit has awarded more than $2 million in financial and educational support to deserving students pursuing careers that promote agriculture. Our scholars have many dreams and come from a variety of farm and community backgrounds. They have one thing in common. They want to join us in securing the future of rural communities and agriculture!
Questions? If you’re interested in becoming one of our scholars and have questions, please email us at Farm Credit Mid-America.